BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

in moments like these

it is so easy to sing of God's goodness when things are going great but when faced with uncertainties and questions it is so much harder. that's why i am constantly surprised when i catch myself suddenly singing this song...
In moments like these I sing out a song,
I sing out a love song to Jesus.
In moments like these I lift up my hands,
I lift up my hands to the Lord.

Singing I love You, Lord.
Singing I love You, Lord.
Singing I love You, Lord,
I love You.

i wonder sometimes about what the writer of this song was going through when he penned these words? was he standing in a worship service surrounded by a crowd of people lifting praises to God? had he just received wonderful news? was it Easter morning and he was overrun with emotions of the Saviors Resurrection? or was he possibly sitting next to the bed of a dying loved one? was he in the middle of a work lay off? was he feeling some sort of persecution? were life's stresses mounting up?

0 comments: