BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 9, 2011

excited expectancy

i went to bed last night excited that it was sunday and that involved church. i woke up this morning and felt a real sense of expectancy for what God might have in store for me at church. i dressed my best...what an outfit!! (sorry, that's a different post!)...because i like dressing my best for going to The Lord's house. i get to church still excited, expecting, looking my best and walk into the sanctuary and realize the message was on parenting. well um, that's not really me.

boy am i glad i went to church this morning and that i went expecting! God touched on an area of my heart that i tend to keep pretty protected. i fell on my knees at the altar weeping as God refreshed my knowledge that He has my life in His hands. He reassured me that He knows my heart's cry. i must continue to lean on and find my security, peace, joy in Him because He is all that i need. no human will ever fill that need.

i could have easily sat back and enjoyed the laughs, sang the songs, celebrated communion and packed up and gone home unchanged. i could have crossed my legs, folded my arms and been bored, upset and dare i say even bitter and left hurting and angry.

i'm sure we have all seen those posters that say things like "attitude is everything". not patting myself on the back but rather being thankful for those who have ingrained in me to come expecting.

i came, i expected, i received and i go away praising.

0 comments: