BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 15, 2011

i choose to be simple minded

last week i became engaged in a high spirited facebook conversation on the subject of the Bible being the truth or simply an interesting read. actually this individual called the Bible a "snooze-fest" that was written very poorly. as you can imagine my defenses came up and i began an all out attack of scriptures backing up my view point. all in all this was a very civilized debate but i began to feel personally attacked. i was told that i was "being lied to by the devil" (the very same devil that this facebooker denies exists). i was told that i am closed minded and simple minded. at first that was offensive to me but i was reminded of Matthew 19:14, "But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."" and Matthew 18:13, "and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."

i choose to believe the bible. i choose to believe that Jesus loves me. i choose to believe that He died for me. i choose to believe that He rose again. i choose to believe that He is returning one day to take me home.

if that makes me "simple minded" than so be it.


Jesus loves me! this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
they are weak but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
For the Bible tells me so.

0 comments: